GRAND HOTEL PRAHA GUEST REVIEWS
Very Good 4.25/5
Rated 4.25/5 based on reviews from all travelers.
Summary of 1050 verified reviews
Very good boutique hotel. Good for sightseeing and close to the city center.
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY ABOUT USGirerd Reviewed 18. February 2024 Great experience
- Alan Reviewed 15. February 2024 Excellent hotel. Perfect location, the cafe as excellent. Room was very comfortable
- Johnd Reviewed 27. January 2024 We thoroughly enjoyed our stay the grand hotel praha. The breakfast buffet overlooking the astronomical clock was simply stunning. We looked forward to breakfast everyday. The staff was courteous and helpful with all of our questions. The layout was quirky but we enjoyed its charm
- Naomi Reviewed 05. January 2024 I spent a month traveling in Europe with my daughter and spent the last five nights here. I would not recommend staying here due to the management and the facilities. We arrived on the first evening and were checked in and taken to a room out of the main hotel. I was disappointed in the room and then realised that this was not the deluxe room with a view that I had booked seven months prior. We were moved to the correct room the second night - no apology, first they tried to say that’s what I booked, when I showed them my booking confirmation then they said it’s because I asked for two beds that they downgraded us. I understand that I asked for this, but they should have advised in advance that this would only be a standard (and therefore cheaper) room, not a deluxe. They also refused to refund the difference for the first night although we had to repack, move to the other building etc. I did read reviews afterwards and realised this happens reasonably often… The facilities are lacking, there is no kettle or coffee machine and the first room had the shower head so low you had to duck down. The porters, cleaning and wait staff are polite and do a good job.
- Steven S. Reviewed 04. January 2024 Booked the “LUXURY RESIDENCE” only to find it was a shabby, dingy apartment filled with cheap mismatched furniture with no cupboard space, stained blinds and curtains and extension power chords running across the floor to the bed. Wifi router sits on the floor of the bedroom….Mattress topper was 100mm short on each side of the bed, the bottom sheet is draped along the floor as it cannot be tucked in and one bedside table was more than 30cm shorter than the other. Paintings, rugs and couch shown on hotel website have all been exchanged for junk pieces from the second hand shop… kitchen and bathroom are in reasonable order but nothing special. Kitchen utensils consist of whatever hasn’t been broken over the years. Kitchen table is plastic junk. A full sheet of board meant to be attached to the bedroom glass door to stop light and provide privacy had fallen off and was leaning against the wall of the bedroom.. The apartment is a joke and nothing like the photos on the hotel website. Complaint to the receptionist resulted in rude, smart mouthed comments. Asked for the manager to contact me to discuss and have not heard from the hotel during our stay and now two weeks later. Needless to say I have refused to pay and the charge is now under dispute for services not supplied as advertised.. Another client posted a review July 23 stating “ Crap all the Way”. I would agree 110% and warn other potential clients to be aware…it is not even close to what is advertised. Wifi worked fine…It’s a pity the router and various cables have to lie on the floor of the bedroom…that’s a possible trip hazard for a start, let alone the slack lazy uncaring untidy presentation to the client. The website states the apartment is 250 mtrs from Hotel. Booking.com states it is 300-350 mtrs..Google states it is 400 mtrs. Appalling.
- Reviewed 30. December 2023 Excellent service and excellent hotel. Full of old charm.
- Terry M. Reviewed 28. December 2023 FANTASTIC LOCATION!!! FANTASTIC ROOM!! Everyone was lovely! Would highly reccomend!
- Adri-thea Reviewed 24. December 2023 Grand Hotel Praha is the best hotel from every other accomodation we stayed in on our Europe trip!! Well done to them, also the only one that we got what you see on the photos! BEST location Clean rooms and Friendly staff!
- Thorsteinn L. Reviewed 13. December 2023 The location is perfect, the room was wonderful and the breakfast was good. However, the service was unsatisfactory. You offered a prepaid transportation from and to the airport. Upon arrival we waited unsuccessfully 45 minutes before we called your front desk and was informed that you had forgotten to send someone to pick us up at the airport. When we left someone did come and drove us to the airport but then demanded payment sine no one had informed the driver that this was a prepaid service. This was a nightmare. Also, the internet connection in our room was very unsteady and practically unusable. We complained but was simply told that there was nothing wrong with the internet. Thus, your service needs to be improved!!